Pages

10/02/2012

Unicorn burger

Mystical creatures turned into burgers. The only possible upgrade I could think of would be narwhals, but let's face it, nobody's going to catch one of THOSE.

Alright, I admit it. I didn't actually make those burgers with unicorn meat. I wouldn't want to look like Voldemort anyways. But those burgers are a cute treat for a kid's birthday party (or the kid inside everyone)

Yes, bad picture quality, we didn't have a camera and only an old phone. But you get the idea!

Yeah, the picture isn't too pretty and I'm aware that the stove is a mess - but that was JUST after I transformed a burger into a unicorn, so cut me some slack!

As you might see, a unicorn with its thin legs and horn might not be the best creature to turn a burger into, but the technique works on pretty much everything. All you need is a cookie cutter. The Doctor gave me a unicorn one because he knows I'm into that stuff. But we're both not really cookie eaters. I made delicious cookies last christmas and they pretty much stayed in the box until they were too hard to eat.

So instead, I decided to use it on other food. And since we were making burgers that night, I had my project! Cookie cutters aren't normally very deep. I first tried to just cut it all out at the same time, but that didn't work at all. It's why the unicorn is missing a leg and its horn on the top. I then lifted the top and just did the rest and made sure most of the smaller ingredients (like tomato, onion, pickle) are inside the cutter.

That worked better. I cut along the edges with a sharp knife and did the same to the top on its own to try and make the best of what was left.

The downside is that there's a lot of burger parts left afterwards that look weird. But if you use a bigger cookie cutter in an easier shape, for example a big heart or star or even christmas tree, that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

It definitely turns burgers much cuter than just shoving all the greasy meat inside your mouth! It's still greasy, but that way it looks cute and you've got something to admire. You can also pretend that the grease will give you a pimple on your forehead that gradually turns into a unicorn horn. No sane person would never do that, of course. Definitely not me. Oh no.

No comments:

Post a Comment