Pages

10/01/2012

Sing, Birdie!

Today was my first official university day. While there were only speeches and it's all really starting tomorrow, I was super nervous and had to calm down afterwards. I had this little bit of canvas left and was working with old book pages for another project, so I decided to make a birdie picture without really any preparation.

I first wanted a baby blue background, but I didn't have any blue colour. While looking for a substitute, I came across the gold spray I used for my map desk a while back (I'll upload that one at some point because it turned out great).

I sprayed it lightly on the canvas. I didn't want to have it all gold, but just a few sprinkles to give it some texture. When I was done with that, I drew a bird on an old book page (poems by Schiller, to be exact. I bought that at a one-world-store ages ago), cut it out, traced the outlines with black marker and added eye, beak and wings.

There was still room on the canvas so I next drew a speech bubble on another page of the book, cut it out, traced the outlines and wrote "lalala" into it. I know, super creative, but I like it. You can see the result below - it took me about 15 minutes from the initial idea to the finished "painting." I'm sure you could try something similar together with kids, too! It's easy, doesn't take up much space and looks cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment